Tuesday, October 21, 2008

the blessing of curse

Deuteronomy 11:26-28
“Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you today; 28 and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known."

How good it is that we serve a God of both blessing and curse. It would be just and fair to simply remove His hand of blessing when we do not follow, but instead He chooses to actively push us back to Him. He chooses to show us by Word and experience when we have wandered from His ways. How good it is to know that we serve a God who goes to such lengths to demonstrate His presence and will to those He has chosen. He is not silent; in obedience or disobedience.

God - help me to know Your blessing and recognize your correction. Make me honor and follow you always. Amen.

No comments: