Monday, October 13, 2008

Leadership

Acts 3:28
But command Joshua, and encourage him and strengthen him; for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which you will see.’

Moses job was to empower Joshua to lead others where he could not go. Moses was given the vision but Joshua was given the blessing. as a pastor and leader my job is to empower people to advance the kingdom into places I cannot go; schools, municipalities, the market place, neighborhoods. Moses did this by commanding them to obey, encouraging them in faith and strengthening them for the battle. the plan is not different for me. As I lead, I must emphasize obedience, faith and mission. If these values are solidly ingrained in all I do as a leader and pastor, I can have confidence that the vision will become reality. I can be certain that God will accomplish His plan through us. The question I must consistently ask is "how can I better command, encourage and strengthen those entrusted to my care?"

Father, guide me in obedience, faith and mission that those who follow me may find Your will and experience Your presence and possess Your blessing. Teach me to be a better pastor and leader. Amen.

No comments: