Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Humble me

Deuteronomy 8:3
So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the LORD.

God humbles us and uses things like hunger to teach us life's most important lessons. He uses need to show us His provision. He uses weakness to demonstrate His power. He uses foolishness to display His wisdom. He may let us starve physically so that we may not starve spiritually. When we refuse to be humbled we refuse the lesson and blessing of God. When we embrace the physical condition God has placed us in, then and only then can we fully attain the spiritual condition God has in mind for us.

God - humble me. Give me peace and faith to not struggle against my humble position. Help me to open my ears and eyes to You and receive Your lessons and blessings. Amen.

No comments: