Monday, February 23, 2009

The Beauty of Holiness

Psalm 96:9
Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness!
Tremble before Him, all the earth.

My righteous living is a beautiful offering of worship before God. My fear and reverence of Him, of His majesty and power, is praise to His name. This reminds me of Romans 12:1-2 which encourages us to "offer (our) bodies as living sacrifices, Holy and pleasing to God - this is (our) spiritual act of worship," not to be "conformed to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of (our) minds."
When I sacrifice the desires of my flesh, when I give up my thinking patterns and embrace a fear of His name, a reverence for His holiness - God is greatly praised. As it says in 1 Samuel 15:22, "to obey is better than sacrifice." My greatest offering before God before a Holy God is my own holiness. For this God is most pleased. My ability to please God is this way is founded on my view of Him, on my fear and reverence for who I know Him to be - HOLY. As the Lord says in Leviticus 19:2, "Be Holy because I the Lord your God, I AM Holy."
To see Him, to know Him is to worship Him in holiness.

Lord let my life be marked by holiness. Let me offer to You a daily sacrifice of obedience. Teach me to fear Your name, to know Your holiness and to walk each day in humble worship of You. May my life please you. Amen.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

referring to your quote of the day, "mother is the name for God in litle children..." YIKES!! what a huge responsibility I have, not that I didn't realize it before. thank you for walking with me and leading me. i love you!