Monday, February 2, 2009

to sing of His mercy each morning

Psalm 59:16-17
But I will sing of Your power;
Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning;
For You have been my defense
And refuge in the day of my trouble.
To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises;
For God is my defense,
My God of mercy.

To walk with God and to walk like Jesus is no easy task. Sin, temptation, fleshly desires, carelessness and the Devil himself are always waiting to throw us off. Doubt, guilt, shame, apathy; these are the results of not walking with God and force us farther from His steps.
For this reason I will begin each day - with joy - singing of God's great mercy and power over my life. I will remember His provision for me, the price He paid on the cross and the deposit of His Holy Spirit within me each day. This daily reminder is my strength to walk and my defense against doubt, guilt, shame and apathy. I will claim and proclaim His mercy before any other thought or feeling creeps in. I will claim and proclaim His mercy each morning so that I can walk with and like Christ all day long. He will be my strength and His mercy my song.

I praise you God for Your great mercy to me. Keep me mindful of Your mercy all day long. Let Your mercy be the song I can't get out of my head and may I walk with You and in Your steps all day long. Amen.

No comments: