Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Presence of God

Psalm 89:14-15
Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you,
who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD.

I am so blessed to enter into the presence of the Lord, the throne room of the almighty creator each day. Each day I open my Bible I hear the joyful shouts of praise, the royal trumpets proclaiming the sovereign rule of the King of creation. Each day I pray I gaze upon His face and meditate on His nature. In the light of His countenance I find mercy and truth applied to my life. At His throne I find strength to line in righteousness and demonstrate justice. These go with me all day long and sustain me in my trials and temptations.
I am blessed to know the presence of the Lord!
How then could I choose sleep over prayer? How could I choose the news over the good news? How could I choose breakfast over the Bread of Life? How could I choose work over letting God work on me? How could I pass up the opportunity to enter into the throne room of the Almighty God?
I am so blessed to know the joyful sound of entering into His presence.

Father - thank You for your mercy and grace that allow a sinner like me to enter into Your presence and meditate on Your face. Draw me into Your presence more and more each day and let me face each and every day in the joy of Your blessing. Amen.

No comments: