Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God's Work, God's Glory, my children...

Psalm 90:16-17
Let Your work appear to Your servants, And Your glory to their children.
And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.

Psalm 90 is a psalm of Moses. His words here remind me of God appearing to him on Mount Sinai (Ex. 19-34) and Moses request in Exodus 33:18, "Please show me Your glory." When God revealed His mighty work to Moses and showed him His glory, Moses' face shone brightly for the people, a testimony of God's glory (Exodus 34:30).
Our children will see the glory of God when we seek the Lord's face, to see Him face to face, and reflect His beauty in all we do. Our work in the Lord will then be established and even our children will say along with Moses, "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations" (Psa. 90:1). However we must first seek Him, pursue Him on His holy mountain, receive His Word, and fall in love with the beauty of His face. We must first be changed if our children are to know Him and His glory.

Father - change me. Reveal to me Your mighty works, let my face reflect Your glory. Let my children know Your beauty and be confident that You have established Your work in our home. Amen.

No comments: