Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Psalm 62:1-2&5-7
1 Truly my soul silently waits for God;
From Him comes my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be greatly moved.

5 My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense;
I shall not be * moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength,
And my refuge, is in God.

Throughout this Psalm David claims God and His nature for himself 12 times!... my salvation, my rock, my defense, my expectation, my strength, my glory, my refuge. And as David claims and proclaims God's character for himself his faith and confidence in God is strengthened. In verse 2 David claims he will not be "greatly" moved. However by verse 6 David is not moved at all!
This habit of recalling the character of God, meditating on His nature, claiming for ourselves and proclaiming out loud the goodness of God is critical to maintaining a strong and growing faith. God has granted me so much, His grace and mercy are so great that I lack nothing at any time. I need only to remember and claim His blessing in my life. He is not just a refuge or a rock or a strength or our salvation (generically speaking)... He is MY REFUGE, MY ROCK, MY STRENGTH and MY SALVATION! Daily I must claim the Truth of His nature and proclaim His Goodness out loud as a reminder of who He is and who I am because of Him.

God You are MY SONG, MY JOY, MY PEACE, MY DELIGHT... in You alone I am blessed. Keep this song on my lips and these words on my heart. Draw me close to You each morning and let me claim and proclaim Your goodness each day. Amen.

No comments: