Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Provider

Psalm 65:9-10
You visit the earth and water it,
You greatly enrich it;
The river of God is full of water;
You provide their grain,
For so You have prepared it.
You water its ridges abundantly,
You settle its furrows;
You make it soft with showers,
You bless its growth.

(When you read this passage, emphasize the You in each line. This really drive home the point David is making. God is our provider.)

In a time of economic struggle and global concern, we must never forget who cares for and tends to the earth. God will sustain that which He has made. He will provide for that which He has created for His glory. I do not have to worry. If God provides for the earth, how much more so will He provide for those whom He has created in His image. How much more so will He provide for and sustain those whom He has called and caused to approach Him (vs. 65:4)!? God is in full control and can be trusted with every aspect of my life.

I praise You Father for Your constant provision and care for me. You are Good and worthy of praise. You alone and worthy. You alone are my provider. I will praise You alone.

No comments: