Monday, September 21, 2009

God's Treasure

Proverbs 19:17
He who has pity on the poor lends to the LORD,
And He will pay back what he has given.

God's heart is found with the poor. All throughout the Scriptures we find His blessing and instruction to be in favor of the humble, the hurting, the hungry, the harassed, the helpless, the homeless and the heartbroken. So when our hearts are drawn to those in need, we are bring drawn by and to God Himself. Lending time, resources and dollars to those in need is the same as lending to the Lord. We can lend confidently and boldly without worry because of Him. We don't have to worry about how the gift will be viewed, received, spent, appreciated or replenished. He is the surety for our giving and His pockets are eternally deep. I'll never outgive God's ability to bless me in return.
So where is my heart found? Do I have a generous heart for those in need? Do I treasure those whom God treasures? Does my calendar and checkbook prove it?

Father, break my heart for what breaks Yours. Let me generously give to the people You treasure. Bless me that I may be a blessing. Amen.

No comments: