Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trusting God

Proverbs 16:1-3
The preparations of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the LORD.
All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,
But the LORD weighs the spirits.
Commit your works to the LORD,
And your thoughts will be established.

If I am diligent to prepare my heart in prayer and God's Word, committing my ways to Him and seeking His guidance, He will answer, He will care for my words, my heart and my thoughts. When life gets crazy, confusing, painful or frustrating I don't have to figure things out on my own. I can rely on the sovereign God to intervene and pick up where my abilities and understanding leave off. In fact, I must trust God. My ways only seem right to me. I need His help to sort things out and discover His will. What a comfort to know that He has promised to reveal His will and that I don't have to rely on my ways. The best and most assuring truth of this passage is that God is fully worthy to be trusted and He will be faithful to answer me.

Lord, guard and guide my heart and thoughts and words. Deepen my trust in You. Let me not seek my own ways but instead Your will. Let me do what is right in Your eyes. Let my words and thoughts and heart please You. Amen.

No comments: