Thursday, September 3, 2009

Truth hearers and truth speakers

Proverbs 10:8 & 17
The wise in heart will receive commands,
But a prating fool will fall.
He who keeps instruction is in the way of life,
But he who refuses correction goes astray.

How well one receives instruction from others is an accurate example of how one also receives instruction from the Lord. If I cannot obey the visible authorities in my life, how can I expect to obey the invisible, divine authority in my life? If my heart is hard or stiff toward those who love me enough to speak truth and warning into my life, then I will never recognize the truth and guidance of a loving God who gave His Only Son for me. However if I humbly and reverently submit to the authorities and truth speakers God has placed in my life, I hear from Him. The wise heart recognizes how God works through others and submits out of the fear of the Lord. This is wisdom and life.

Lord - open my ears and soften my heart to the instruction and correction from truth speakers in my life. Amen.

No comments: