Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My greatest blessing and lesson for my kids...

Proverbs 20:7
The righteous man walks in his integrity;
His children are blessed after him.

Righteousness and integrity bless generations in three unique ways. First, God rewards the righteous and His blessings will fill the house of a man of integrity up to a thousand generations (Exodus 20:5-6). God's very presence, His loving-kindness and favor dwell with those whose walk is blameless (Psalm 101:6). My children will know the presence of God because of the blessing that follows my righteousness.
Second, my children will be blessed to have an example of godliness before them as they develop their identity. I can give my impressionable children no greater gift than an example and lesson in integrity and righteousness.
Finally, integrity and righteousness bear earthly consequences that are expounded on greatly in Proverbs. By wisdom, patience, honesty, prudence, generosity, forgiveness and so on... my home will have peace, sustenance, security, wealth and earthly favor.
There is no greater lesson or blessing I can pass onto my children than my own righteousness and intimate walk with Jesus.

Father, make me a man of integrity and righteousness for my children's sake. Amen.

No comments: