Monday, May 5, 2008

I am Nothing

1 Corinthians 3:6-7
"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. 7So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

There is no room for pride in working for the Lord. There is no fame or recognition or favor to seek. No amount of planting or watering or hard work will produce even a hint of growth apart from the hand of God. No amount of hard work will produce even a hint of credit for me either. Anyone into awards or "pats on the back" better reconsider working in God's fields. We are not anything... we are nothing.

God, forgive me for taking pride in work You have done. Forgive me for stealing credit from You. Forgive me for boasting about growth. Forgive me for being puffed up about the size of my ministry. Forgive me for pointing to me instead of You. Forgive me for working in my strength and not Yours. Weed out my pride so that You are glorified in Your harvest. Amen.

No comments: