Thursday, May 22, 2008

Love

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
"Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong. Let all that you do be done with love."

Watch... with love. Endure... with love. Be brave... with love. Be strong... with love. Love compels us to be compassionate and aware of others needs and situations. Love gives us the ability to endure hardship, hurt and disappointments. Love gives us the courage to judge rightly and stand on the counter-cultural principles of God for the sake of our brothers and sisters in Christ. Love makes our strength complete and effective. If I were to evaluate my compassion, endurance, courage and strength would I find love or simply one who is arrogant, wavering, brash and manipulative... these are the alternatives. Love is the key ingredient that makes my conduct palatable to both God and others. I must ask myself daily, "Have all my works and actions been done with love?" Early in my day I must look at my agenda and ask, "How can I approach each task, person and appointment with love?"

For my own sake, for the sake of others, for Christ's sake and His kingdom, Lord - let all that I do be done with love. Amen.

No comments: