Thursday, May 29, 2008

Margin: Corners of my life

(from May 28... late blog due to pancakes for Elijah's birthday!)

Leviticus 19:9-10
‘When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not wholly reap the corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. And you shall not glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather every grape of your vineyard; you shall leave them for the poor and the stranger: I am the LORD your God. "
[Leviticus 23:22 also]

God has blessed me to be a blessing and He has a special place in His heart for the poor and the lost. My fields, my harvest, my treasures, my time must have margin to be used to care for the poor and to reach out to the outsider.
If I spend all my time and money on me, I leave nothing left for God to use. I need to discipline myself; my calendar, schedule, budget and priorities to leave room for God's spontaneous work through me. Living without margin does not honor God nor help others see and receive Him.


You are the Lord my God - All that I have is Yours. Teach me to spend wisely, to discipline my schedule and budget to honor You and bless others. Make me faithful with what You have already given so I may be an even greater blessing. Amen.

No comments: