Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stewards of the Mystery... keeping secrets

1 Corinthians 4:1-2
"Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful."

No servant of God's is common. Each one of us has been trusted with the precious mysteries of God. We've been given charge over a great treasure. This treasure, the mysteries of God, have not been give to us for our own sake. They are not meant to puff us up or bring us honor. These mysteries are unlike other secrets shared with trusted servants in that these secrets are meant to be shared!... proclaimed... shouted even! My worth as a servant and steward of God therefore rests in my ability to share and reveal the wonderful secrets of God. Like the parable of the talents, it won't do to hold onto or keep safe what has been entrusted to me. To be found faithful, I must share.

God, make me more bold in sharing your mysteries with others. Open my eyes to see opportunities and fill me with a desire to share your secrets. Amen.

No comments: