Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chosen

Mark 3:13-15
"And He went up on the mountain and called to Him those He Himself wanted. And they came to Him. Then He appointed twelve, that they might be with Him and that He might send them out to preach, and to have power to heal sicknesses and to cast out demons"

Jesus hand-picked His disciples, His workers, His servants, His ambassadors, His friends. From the top draft pick to the biggest disappointment; He chose His twelve. How awesome would it have felt to be invited by Jesus, to be selected from the multitudes that followed Him that day? How exciting to follow Him up the mountain, leaving all else behind. How amazing to be given power and purpose and provision to preach on behalf of the miraculous Jesus Christ?
I wonder what it would be like to hear His voice audibly call my name? How long would my name in His voice echo in my mind - motivating me to follow, to endure, to go out and preach?
The reality is that my calling is no less authoritative, intentional, purposeful or special. I too am a follower, worker, servant, ambassador and friend of the miraculous Jesus Christ. I was chosen by Him!

Jesus, help me to live a life worthy of Your calling. Guide me to discover the fullness of Your call and the ministry You have prepared for me. Give me strength and endurance to go out and chance the world for Your kingdom's sake. Amen.

No comments: