Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No reason not to Praise

Psalm 34:1-3
"I will bless the LORD at all times;
His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul shall make its boast in the LORD;
The humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together."

What is on my lips at all times? What type of language is continually in my mouth? Far too often I find myself dragging others down by complaining about life. At best I carelessly and thoughtlessly offer up a mediocre, "oh I'm alright" or "I'm gettin' by." The Lord has been so good to me - at all times He has blessed me. I am more than alright, way more. I have no reason to complain, I have no reason not to praise Him. I should be encouraging the humble and hurting with boasts of God's goodness. I should magnify the Lord in a way that invites others to join me in exaltation. My life and words should be a testimony of God's goodness at all times. I have no reason not to praise Him.

Father - today I will choose to praise You. I will sing songs of praise in my heart and boast of Your goodness with my lips. I will not complain or offer half hearted answers when asked how I am doing... I am blessed and You Lord are good! I will invite others to see Your goodness and join me in praise. God - You are so good to me, You are so good. I praise You. Amen.

No comments: