Wednesday, July 2, 2008

God's Help

Psalm 37:23-24
"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the LORD upholds him with His hand."

While life can be tough and at times confusing, I don't need to worry or be anxious about my life - God is in control. My steps, each one of them, is ordered by the Lord. He guides my foot and my path. Even when I stumble and fall, His hand will help me up and steady me again.
What is most amazing to me is that He delights in this awkward gate of mine. In all my stumbling, tripping, falling, skinned knees and wounded elbows... God is delighted. I must believe that He is delighted not in my weakness, but in His sovereign acts of mercy in His providence. When I stumble I display a dependence on God that demonstrates His goodness and declares His name to all around me.
Trials and struggles are not my end, they are my means. These struggles are a means to glorify God and conform me to the image of His Son. And in this, God greatly delights.

Lord make me more faithful. Give me an extra measure of faith to know and trust Your path for my steps. May my life declare Your name and demonstrate Your goodness as I depend on You. Amen.

No comments: