Monday, July 7, 2008

Great Praise

Psalm 48:1
"Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised"

God is Great! That alone is an understatement. My mine cannot even begin to comprehend the greatness of God. And yet, even in my own terms, by my own shallow definition, I could not call my praise great. Routine - yes, faithful - sure, mundane - absolutely... but never great.
What would it look like if I decided to take my praise to the next level, to raise the bar? What would Sunday morning look like? Would would each morning be like? What would others see? The God of creation, my Redeemer, my Savior and Lord deserves so much more from me - He is Great! But how would I do this?
Maybe the secret to greater praise is to focus on the greatness of God and the wonder found in each of His many awesome names; Counselor, Lamb of God, Mighty King, Provider, Refuge, Shield, Sustainer, Friend. God is Great and deserves nothing less than great praise from me.

I praise You God for You are Great. Teach me the fullness of your majesty so that I may praise you fully with my whole life. Amen.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

thank you for your wisdom of what God is teaching you. i look forward to reading a bit of your heart and being encouraged by God's work in your life. i love you.