Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Anticipation of conformation

Philippians 3:20-21
For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.

As I struggle in this life to overcome sin and my flesh, I can live in anticipation of the day when Christ calls me home and grants me a glorified body, free from sin and temptation. While I am unable to subdue myself, He is fully able to subdue all things, even me! Furthermore, I will be free to fully serve and praise Him unhindered by my own flesh. My offering to Him will be pure, my motives will be pure.
Just the thought of this makes my heart sing!
What a glorious and fulfilling day it will be to stand before my savior unhindered by this flesh - free to love Him as I ought!

Father, help me to live in anticipation of this glorious day. May this thought drive me to purity and obedience as I seek to love you as I ought in this life. Amen.

No comments: