Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Give me mountains

Joshua 14:12
"Now therefore, give me this mountain of which the LORD spoke in that day; for you heard in that day how the Anakim were there, and that the cities were great and fortified. It may be that the LORD will be with me, and I shall be able to drive them out as the LORD said.”

Any worth while goal in life is not easy. And God-sized goals are even more challenging. The environment is often hostile and rough, the opponents are giant-sized, the prize is fortified... but the Lord will be with us.
Any "me-sized" goal is not worth chasing. If I have the ability to attain any goal within myself it will not require God's intervention or my faith... and the Lord will not be with me.
So like Caleb, give me the hill country. Give me the mountain.
Make me believe and exercise faith. Make me rely on my God.
Let my helplessness point only to His greatness.
Make me stand on the promised of God given long ago and passionately pursue them today. Let me claim His promises, presence and blessing with confidence.
Give me mountains.

No comments: