Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My battles & God's battles

Joshua 10:42
All these kings and their land Joshua took at one time, because the LORD God of Israel fought for Israel.

If I count correctly, Joshua conquered eight kings and eight cities in one day. On that day, they traveled a long way just to begin the battle and even further in pursuit to finish it as God made the sun to stand still to prolong their conquest.
At times I limit just how much God can do through me. I expect His intervention but not that much, not eight cities and eight kings in one day! I expect miracles, but not ones that cannot be explained or reasoned, not the sun standing still. To be honest, I think this comes from my poor view of what God wants to do with me. This me and God thing is not a partnership. He does not need me. I don't fight His battles, He fights His battles. The only things I bring to the battlefield are faith and purity (Josh 7:13). These are my battles. God could and would do so much more if I let Him fight His battles and I fought mine.

God - give me the strength and favor to fight my battles of faith and purity. Give me victor and higher ground that I might see you win Your battles and expand Your kingdom. Amen.

No comments: