Friday, December 12, 2008

to make known His mystery

Ephesians 3:10
to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places,

We have been saved by God not so that we may know the mysteries and wisdom of God but that we may make them known. Event the angels long to see and know what we do (1 Peter 1:12). We are the fulfillment and revelation of God's great plan of redemption for all of creation, humanity, angels and nature (Rom. 8:20-22). We are the stewards of this great story for the blessing of all creation. The implications for this are huge! I am not simply another person who stumbled into God's grace life one finding a dollar on the ground. I am a chosen tool for accomplishing God's plan of redemption. I have no small part in the drama of life, I am His story dramatically unfolding before everyone and everything around me. All of creation is counting on His church to finish telling this story of redemption. The question I am faced with now is why I keep the knowledge and wisdom of this mystery to myself rather than sharing it and living it openly? Is it fear? Laziness? Business? Doubt? Selfishness?
All of creation is counting on God's children.

God - burden my heart to reveal Your mystery to everyone and everything I cross paths with. Give me the words to say and the passion to speak them. Let all creation be blessed as Your story unfolds in my life. Amen

No comments: