Wednesday, December 17, 2008

my revealing walk...

Ephesians 5:8-10
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the Spirit[a]is in all goodness, righteousness, and truth), 10 finding out what is acceptable to the Lord.

Isn't it funny how we pray and ask God to reveal to us His will? How often have I sat and waited for God to show me what to do or move me to where He wants me to be? This is the farthest thing from what Paul teaches here in Ephesians 5. Here, Paul commands us to go and walk as children of light regardless of what we know or how we feel. Then somewhere in the journey, God's will is revealed in and through us. When we walk faithfully, we will know the will of God and we will make in known. Another way of saying this is that the best way to discover God's will is to be obediently doing what we already know to do! We ought to be walking in love (vs 2) and demonstrating sacrificial love in all we do. We ought to be avoiding sin (vs. 3) and demonstrating to the world what a true believer looks like (vs. 11-13). When we simply obey and follow in the small things, God reveals to us all things.

Father - make me to walk as light, revealing Your will in all I do. Amen.

No comments: