Friday, December 19, 2008

Being strong in power & might

Ephesians 6:10
"Finally my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might."

How does one become strong in the Lord and in His mighty power?
It feel like I can be faithful, obedient and diligent... but strong and mighty seems a bit more ethereal. I've tried to muster up spiritual strength and I've often asked for God to display His power but the results are less than reliable. Feeling strong in the Lord is a much more spontaneous experience dependent on the Holy Spirit. At times I just sense His presence and feel Him work instead of me. All I can do is to prepare myself for when He chooses to work... oh... (Eph. 6:10-18) and put on the full armor of God, wielding the Word and dedicated to prayer. When I put on the full armor of God then I am more ready and likely to experience His strength and power. After all, what type of a king would He be lending an unarmed and armorless soldier His power to fight? He won't send me into battle unprotected and unless I'm prepared for battle, I don't need His strength or power. I guess this strength and power thing is not quite as ethereal as I first thought!

Father - dress me fully in Your armor and prepare me for the spiritual battle around me. Make me worthy and fit for your strength and power to be displayed in and through me. Amen.

No comments: