Wednesday, April 15, 2009

the mind, heart and will of God

1 Samuel 2:35
Then I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest who shall do according to what is in My heart and in My mind. I will build him a sure house, and he shall walk before My anointed forever.

Oh that I might be called a faithful priest, that I might be established and sure and that I might walk before the Lord forever! What a promise! What a covenant!
My role in this promise is simple - to DO according to the heart and mind of Christ. It's not enough to just know the Word of God or obey His law - my heart, mind, actions and attitudes must all conform to His nature.
1 Corinthians 2:15-16 says, "The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ." This means to start that I can truly know the mind and will of God. In Ephesians 3:16-17a paul writes, "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith." I have the power and presence of Christ within me, I have His heart!
The big question is whether or not I will let His mind and His heart live through me to do and act like Jesus. I have no excuses for not... and in the end, I have no room for boasting. "For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose," (Philippians 2:13).

Father - fill me with Your Spirit to know and to do all that is according to Your heart and mind. Make me more obedient and strengthen my resolve to honor You. Let me walk faithfully before You forever. Amen.

No comments: