Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pointing to Jesus

Luke 24:17
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Four times in this chapter Luke states that Jesus opened or explained the Old Testament Scriptures concerning Himself. It's as if, after thirty-three years of fulfilling prophesy, He was trying to say it couldn't you see it?... it's unmistakable, I'm unmistakable! God is not in the business of hiding from those who seek Him diligently (Matthew 7:8). But for those whose faith is shaken, who have lost some passion, Jesus goes the extra mile (figuratively and literally) and expounds to them in ALL the Scriptures, what was written concerning himself. He didn't just quote some easy proof texts or camp out in the prophets, He went end to end beginning with Moses and the Law, through the prophets and even the Psalms! According to Luke (and Jesus for that matter) everything written in the Old Testament points to Jesus!
I can't even imagine how awesome it would have been to walk with Jesus through the Old Testament and hear Him say, "Oh, and here too, this story is all about me!... There I am again!... And this is one of my favorites!... My greatx7 grandfather David wrote this one about me!" How awesome to hear the vary Word of God explained by the Son of God and illuminated by the Spirit of God!

Father - open my eyes to see Your Son Jesus on every page of my Bible. Open my heart to receive Your will for my life as I read. Deepen my hunger and thirst for Your truth and make me crave my time walking with You each day. Amen.

No comments: