Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nothing restrains the Lord

1 Samuel 14:6
Jonathan said to his young armor-bearer, "Come, let's go over to the outpost of those uncircumcised fellows. Perhaps the LORD will act in our behalf. Nothing can hinder the LORD from saving, whether by many or by few."

How often has my view of a situation been shaded by the obvious or physical details of this earth. How often have resources or timing or people or opposition been my focus instead of the Lord and His will?
In these tough economic times God is still able to save and to do ministry with $1 as well as with $1,000,000. If His people are faithful and obedient, there is nothing in this world that can hinder the Lord. (These only hinder in that God, by His character, has made them factors in accomplishing His ideal will for us. Otherwise the Lord able to rise up stones in order to bring Him glory.)
God is hindered by nothing. My obstacles are opportunities for God. My faith and obedience however are everything to Him.

God - make me more faithful and obedient. Strengthen my faith in your abundance and provision. Turn my focus from earthly things and let me see Your salvation. Amen.

No comments: