Thursday, April 30, 2009

Revenge

1 Samuel 25:32-33
Then David said to Abigail: “Blessed is the LORD God of Israel, who sent you this day to meet me! And blessed is your advice and blessed are you, because you have kept me this day from coming to bloodshed and from avenging myself with my own hand.

Would I recognize God's mercy displayed in opposition? Whn my heart is set to defend myself or promote my own cause, can I recognize God's provision keeping me from possible sin? Will I beat Balam's donkey or see the angel? (Num. 22:32)
I often get fixated on the idea of fairness and sense injustice easily - especially when it's directed toward me. Can I trust God's word in Romans 12:17-21 and respond on peace rather than vengeance? Can I trust Him to fight my battles?

God - open my ears to hear from You and recognize your voice of warning. Open my eyes to recognize obstacles as provisions for my own righteousness. Strengthen my heart, deepen my faith and humble my spirit to stand patiently and wait for You to act. Amen.

No comments: