Tuesday, April 22, 2008

For my Children

Exodus 13:14
"So it shall be, when your son asks you in time to come saying, 'What is this?' that you shall say to him,'..."

Three times during the passover story God reminds Moses that this remembrance is for generations - to be lived out before their children so thy never forget the mighty hand or work of God.
What types of traditions and habits do I live openly before my kids so that they ask and see and hear about the mighty things God has done for us? What can I do as a father that would lead my kids to ask, "Dad, what's the meaning of this?" and allow me to answer with amazing stories of all that God has done for our family?
Special meals, special moments, trips, signs or decorations, clothing or jewelry... all of this was found at passover. How can I celebrate this gift daily before my children?

God - let my children see Jesus always, consistently in our home and in my life.

No comments: