Friday, April 25, 2008

His Sanctuary

Exodus 25:8-9
"Then have them make a sanctuary for me, and I will dwell among them. 9 Make this tabernacle and all its furnishings exactly like the pattern I will show you."

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

When I read chapters 25 - 31 I am amazed at the detail described and demanded for God's dwelling. So many times it is recorded that This tabernacle was to be a replica of God's throne room in heaven. This earthly dwelling was to mirror and reflect the glory of his heavenly dwelling. Turning to the NT, I wonder how much detail we miss when we consider His new temple, our bodies. Am I conscious or concerned about what i place inside or how I dress or how I position myself? Not to be legalistic, but to ensure that I mirror and reflect what is in heaven - His glory? Have I made His temple a place where He is honored to dwell?

Father make me attentive to the details of Your temple. Keep me pure and holy and a place where you are honored to dwell. Amen.

No comments: