Monday, April 14, 2008

Provisions for the flesh

Romans 13:14
"Put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh."

What provisions have I made for my flesh? What excuses, justifications, rationale or even plans have I constructed in my mind to allow for temptation to grant victory to my flesh. Where have I been lazy in my thinking and disciplines to take every thought captive to Christ? (2 Cor. 10:5) Where have I failed to wrap myself in Christ's righteousness... to be clothed with Him? I must choose daily to make provisions for my spirit and Christ within me. As deliberately as I choose my clothing each day I must clothe myself in Him - through Scripture reading, prayer, stillness, worship, service. I must so thoroughly, daily clothe myself in Christ that there is no room left, no provision made for sin. Sin, temptation and the evil one take no day off... why do I? I must make no provision for my flesh.

God - draw me to You daily and wrap me so completely in Christ that no provision is left for my flesh. Amen.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

thanks for sharing, i will enjoy reading these. i love you. xoxo