Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Righteousness of God

Romans 1:17-18
"The righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written 'the just shall live by faith.' For the wrath of God is revealed... against... all who suppress the truth in unrighteousness."

Faith reveals faith. Righteous living produces a clear view of God and His Gospel. Unrighteousness reveals wrath and suppresses the truth of God - making it impossible to see God. Three times in Romans 1 Paul says that these people "God gave over" to their sin and it's dark consequences. There is only two ways to live - by faith or by one's own self. If I am struggling to see God in my darkness (sin) it is not His fault, it is mine. Righteousness clears up my spiritual vision - I must change my behavior if I want to clearly see God - if I want Him to show up in my life. If I want to see God, I must ruthlessly remove unrighteousness from my life.

Father God - show me my unrighteousness and open my eyes to see the path of faith in every moment of every day; I want to see You.

No comments: