Thursday, April 24, 2008

I Belong to Him

Exodus 20:5b-6
For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, 6 but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. (Romans 8:28)

God is just when He becomes jealous of my life, because I rightfully belong to Him. I am not by own, for He both created me and bought me with the price of His Son; I belong to Him. An all that I have has been given by Him under His mastership of my life; it all belongs to Him (ch. 21). He desires and demands all of me - and rightfully so; I belong to Him. And why should I withhold anything from Him? As with the children of the Exodus, He has proven Himself faithful. And His will for me is not burdensome but a blessing for thousands of generations (Mt. 11:29-30). So why hold back? Why reserve my praise or limit my tithe or guard my time or ration my talents? Why not ask, "What more can I offer to my faithful master that He may be blessed and let His blessing rest on me and my family for generations?"

God, show me what & where I am holding back from you.
Pry my selfish fingers off my life and take from me whatever you want.
Amen.

No comments: