Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sin

Romans 7:18
"For I know that in me (that is in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find."

In my flesh - nothing good dwells. As long as my flesh lives - it will chose what is contrary to the Spirit. However, when through the law, my sin is revealed and my spirit made alive in Christ (it was previously dead in sin) my flesh is crucified with Christ and it must die. To allow my flesh to live any longer with my spirit is to allow a war to wage in my body and life - a war between flesh and spirit. What makes this most dangerous is that in this war my flesh has nothing to lose! Conversely, the Spirit has everything to offer. An enemy with nothing to lose is most ruthless. The secret is in learning to listen to the Spirit by focusing on all that He has given and has offered. These promises and provisions give us the strength to crucify the flesh daily. These are not within us naturally but have been given so that we may discover how to perform what is good.
Praise God for His wise plan - that I might win this war! Praise God for His Spirit dwelling within me!

God - let Your Holy Spirit shout loud in me. Strengthen me and give me victory over my flesh.

No comments: