Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Strength of Faith

Romans 14:17
"For the kingdom of God is not drinking and eating, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

The Christian life is not about rules and rituals. I am not a Christian because of my habit and patterns or lack of them. The strength of my walk is not about the movies I avoid, the drinks I refuse or words I don't use. My faith is based on His righteousness imputed to me by Christ's work on the cross. My strength is found in a peace with God - knowing that I am no longer His enemy because of sin. The evidence for others is expressed in the joy I receive through the Holy Spirit. None of this comes from me but is clearly evident when I focus my heart and mind daily on Him. Where Christ and His righteousness (not mine) is the focus - there is peace and joy. This is true obedience - to love God with all one's heart, mind, soul and strength.

Father - may the substance of my faith be You and Your righteousness and not my own. Keep my heart and mind centered on You. Amen.

No comments: