Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Righteousness Revealed

Romans 3:5
"But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say?"

God's glory and my behavior are a lot like the stock market - one can make money on both an up market and a down market; bull or bear. But how much more glory does God receive and reveal through my righteousness! When by faith, my obedience points to the power of God - He is seen, not me. Obedience brings God glory now - it reveals Him in the present. Unrighteousness reveals God's nature and bring Him glory in the future - on the day of judgement. Glory in the present has redemptive possibilities because unbelievers see it and can be saved. God's glory through unrighteousness comes much too late for redemption of others. How much greater is God glorified through my righteousness?!!

God - cause me to walk in Your righteousness. Bring about Your glory now, through my obedience. Let other see You through my behavior and be Glorified by their faith. Amen.

No comments: