Friday, April 11, 2008

God's Sovereignty

Romans 9:20
"But indeed O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to Him who formed it, 'Why have you made me like this?"

It is only natural to wonder why things happen in our lives. It is reasonable to seek answers for the trails we face. However too often when we ask it is not out of humble curiosity or a noble search for the truth of God's will, but because we thing we know better -we have a better plan. But we do not know (nor can we possibly know) the fullness of God's will for us. The valley may not seem so long and dark when viewed from the top of the next hill of blessing. Similarly, the hill of blessing never looks attainable from the bottom of a valley. It is only by God's Grace and strength and through the Holy Spirit's work that we are given the right perspective. So in our momentary gaps of faith in the promises of God, we must pray not for release or a new path - but for God's eyes and perspective to know why He has made us this way - why He has chosen this path.

God - give me Your eyes and let me see what You are making of my life through my trials. Conform me to the image of your Son. Mold me into what you will.

No comments: